Counterfeit drysuits... Don’t do it!
Our President, Stig Larsson, unboxed a counterfeit dry suit that we bought on Amazon from a brand that was copying our images... (this suit is also listed on Alibaba and Aliexpress) we also did a pressure test at the end of the video to test the waterproofness of the seam tape.
Here are a few of Stig's key takeaway's:
- Less than half the quality of our Dry Suit. Not worth the $560 spent on Amazon (with shipping and tax) for that price you could buy a 5 year old used emperor and it would still be a better suit.
- Inferior latex gasket, that may only last a couple of uses
- Double tunnel is not long enough to work or create a seal around the tunnel of a spray skirt
- Waist adjustment system that doesn't work
- Bulky neoprene socks will not fit any river boot
- Questionable quality waterproof zipper. Stig would not trust his life with a waterproof zipper that is not YKK or TIZIP. If your suit fills with water during a swim in whitewater, "it will probably be your last day"
- Not worth taking the risk to save a few hundred dollars
- When you buy Level Six you are supporting years of hard work that has gone into designed a drysuit and great causes that give back to the kayak community and watershed conservation.
- Support the community that supports you